For its Administration Department, at the future Headquarters in Bologna, Italy, CTAO is recruiting a Procurement Specialist.
As a member of the Administration Department, the Procurement Specialist will support CTAO Head of Finances in developing and implementing CTAO Procurement policies, and the CTAO Project Office in any construction or operations related procurement matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish, enhance and update procurement policies, practices, procedures, systems, and frameworks to ensure compliance and improve procurement efficiency and deliverables
- Lead all stages of the procurement process (ex-ante and ex-post publication of the tendering): Preparation of tender documents and establishment of bidders list; tender evaluation and negotiations
- Manage the development and negotiation of all relevant contractual documentation and agreements with current/prospective suppliers in conjunction with the legal department
- Assure that goods/services will be delivered on schedule, at negotiated price and meet required quality standards, in cooperation with the CTAO technical experts
- Support finance department on accounting closing and suppliers’ invoice matching
- Advise and support the CTAO Project Office as well as external institutes and research groups providing In-Kind contributions to CTAO on any procurement matters, including review of industrial contracts
Head of Finance, located in Bologna.
Qualifications and Experience:
CTAO is seeking an experienced university degree preferably in Law, Economics, Business Administration or other relevant field with specific studies/experience in EU Procurement and Finances. A relevant experience in both Italian and German National Procurement Law would be a plus.
The successful candidate should possess:
- Experience in Procurement principles, policies, standards & procedures, including commercial and price analysis, negotiations, and Procurement law, preferably both Italian and German National Laws
- Experience in the establishment of industrial contracts
- Experience in the establishing of an organizational, management and auditing Model pursuant to the Italian Legislative Decree 231/2001 will be considered an asset
- Experience in EU Funding procedures will be considered an asset
- Proactive and problem-solving mind-set
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Good team player
The position requires proficiency in written and spoken English. Good knowledge of Italian and German are important assets. Additional knowledge of Spanish would be an advantage.
Remuneration and Contract:
CTAO offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive salary.
The contract is an open term contract subject to successful completion of the probation period.
Bologna, Italy, with some regular travel.
Applications with a full CV and cover letter in English should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position reference “Procurement specialist” and the names of three referees with contact details.
By submitting applications candidates acknowledge CTAO might contact referees at any stage of the process without prior notice.
Incomplete applications will not be processed.
CTAO is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, please visit www.cta-observatory.org or contact CTAO HR Specialist, email@example.com. For more information, please visit www.cta-observatory.org.
Closing date for applications: 12th December 2018