CTA Meetings and Events
CTA and its Consortium members participate in or host a range of meetings and events around the world. The goal of these outreach activities is not only to promote the vast scientific potential of CTA to the scientific communities but to excite and entice space enthusiasts, young and old. These activities will continue to expand as CTA construction nears completion. Check back regularly to see when CTA may be in your neighborhood!
To invite CTA to an event or to request to add your CTA-related event to this list, contact Megan Grunewald.
- From April 2021: “Synergies in the Exploration of the Extreme Universe” monthly webinar series for researchers (upon subscription).
- From April 2021: “Journey through the Extreme Universe” outreach webinar series, livestreamed every month via the CTA YouTube and Facebook channels.
- 11 February 2021: Women of CTA, livestreamed via CTA YouTube and Facebook channels.
- 3-7 December 2017: 29th International Texas Symposium on Relativistic Astrophysics Exhibition; Cape Town, South Africa
- 30 November 2017: DESY International Cosmic Day; Worldwide
- 8 November 2017: Observando el Universo Extremo Desde La Palma; Santa Cruz de La Palma
- 7 November 2017: Observando el Universo Extremo Desde La Palma; Villa de Garafia, La Palma
- 4 November 2017: DESY Open Day | Nacht des Wissens; Hamburg, Germany
- 21 October 2017: Die Lange Nacht der Wissenschaften; Nürnberg, Fürth und Erlangen, Germany
- 11 October 2017: CTA Public Event; Dunsink Observatory, Ireland
- 29 September 2017: European Researchers Night; all over Europe: Granada, Spain
- 18-23 September 2017: Highlights der Physik; Münster, Germany (see A9 for CTA exhibit information)
- 12-20 July 2017: International Cosmic Ray Conference (ICRC) Exhibition; Busan, South Korea
- 26-30 June 2017: European Week of Astronomy and Space Science (EWASS) Exhibition; Prague, Czech Republic
- 26-27 June 2017: European Week of Astronomy and Space Science (EWASS), Scientific Synergies Enabled by the SKA, CTA and Athena; Prague, Czech Republic
- 21-31 May 2017: São Paulo School of Advanced Science on High Energy and Plasma Astrophysics in the CTA Era (SPSAS-HighAstro); São Paulo, Brazil (deadline to register 31 March)
- 27 January 2017: CTA Participation Workshop; Armagh Observatory and Planetarium, Ireland
- 2 November 2016: International Cosmic Day; DESY
- 14-20 November 2016: Light in Astronomy, CSI: Earth – ASTRI Cosmo Scene Investigation; INAF, Padova, Italy
- 7-15 October 2016: Fête de la Science; LAPP, Annecy, France