For the development, design and tendering of the CTAO-South site (Paranal Observatory, Chile) civil infrastructure, consisting in buildings, telescope foundations, roads, among others, the CTAO is seeking consultancy services in the area of Civil Engineering. The consultant will work in close contact with the CTAO-South Site Manager, the Site/Infrastructure Design and Planning Team, as well as the System Engineering team, in the following tasks:
- Development of Technical tender documentation for infrastructure construction contracts.
- Development of site supervision strategies and concepts and quality control (QC) concepts for civil infrastructure.
- Participate in and lead (during the absence of the site manager) regular construction progress meetings.
- Prepare, support and execute on-site inspections of subunits and complete civil infrastructure construction projects in close collaboration with the site manager and systems engineering (SE).
- Prepare, support and execute technical acceptance processes of subunits and complete civil infrastructure construction projects in close collaboration with the site manager and SE.
- Perform planning and engineering tasks for the CTAO-South civil infrastructure.
- Participate in infrastructure design reviews, not limited to civil projects, but also electrical, facilities and other as civil expertise is required.
- Support the issuance of Interface Control documents for the CTAO-South infrastructure, considering power quality requirements, in agreement with the Systems Engineering, Site/Infrastructure Design and Planning and Telescope work packages.
- Support the CTAO Project Office teams in all issues related to the civil design, construction and construction safety of CTAO-South.
- Supervise CTAO/ESO contractors in the area of site inspection, supervision, and QA during civil infrastructure construction.
- Manage smaller contracts including but not limited to topography, civil laboratory services together with and on behalf of the Site Manager.
- Support the planning, engineering, and construction of the site infrastructure for the first telescope arriving on site (MST pathfinder project).
All information is available in the Tender Dossier documents (Request for Proposals and Annex I, Annex II, Annex III, Annex IV and Annex V).
Request for clarification should be submitted in writing by email to email@example.com
All responses, which are considered by CTAO to be of a substantive nature, will be sent in anonymous way to all applicants invited to submit a proposal. Any questions that are of a sensitive nature must be clearly identified as such on submission.
Deadline for request for clarifications: 12.07.2023 – 23:00 CEST
Response to req. for clarifications by: 17.07.2023
Deadline for Submission of Proposals: 24.07.2023- 23:00 CEST