In June 2024, the CTAO gGmbH and the LST Collaboration will carry out the first CTAO School. This two-week workshop is aimed at early-career scientists (graduate – master and PhD – students or Postdocs, with no more than two years of experience in the field) who want to begin or delve deeper into CTAO science and technology, as well as data analysis. As an international, enriching experience, the first week will take place in Bertinoro (Italy), from June 16-19, while the second will be carried out on La Palma (Spain), from June 22 – 29.
During the two-week school, participants will have the chance to develop hard and soft skills with experts in the field, including:
- Learning about current hot topics in Very High-Energy (VHE) Astrophysics from international experts;
- Learning how to write a successful scientific proposal;
- Performing real observations with the LST-1, the prototype of the Large-Sized Telescope;
- Performing data analysis both on real and simulated data;
- Presenting their current scientific projects to peers and lead the discussion.
Additionally, students will also have the opportunity to attend scicomm workshops on how to present their results to a general, non-expert audience, as well as visiting several facilities located on top of the Roque de los Muchachos Observatory on the island of La Palma, site of the CTAO Northern Array.
To ensure a fulfilling, interactive educational experience, both in theoretical and hands-on sessions, the school will accept a maximum of 25 participants. Learn more about the school and apply on its dedicated webpage: