The Cherenkov Telescope Array Observatory (CTAO) brings together a community of diverse cultural backgrounds and personal and professional abilities and experiences. This diversity makes us strong, and the CTAO is committed to supporting and protecting it. To do so, the following CTAO Code of Conduct for Events and Meetings shall be applied. It provides guidelines for the basic standards and rules of behaviour expected in any online or in-person meeting/event organized by the CTAO. They apply to any participant, regardless of whether they are CTAO members or external participants.
CTAO Code of Conduct for Events and Meetings focuses on different core values:
– Refrain from unpleasant or disparaging remarks or actions, in particular, on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, beliefs, nationality, culture, ethnicity, race, job status/title, disability or family situation.
– Treat others with tact, courtesy and respect.
– Abstain from and actively discourage discrimination in all forms.
– Respect and value differences.
– Ensure to credit others for their contribution.
– Respect the privacy of others and protect personal information given to you in confidence.
– Respect the contribution of each participant to the meeting/event.
– Maintain a professional environment characterized by good working relations and an atmosphere of tolerance and mutual respect.
– Provide advice and guidance to colleagues, where appropriate.
– Abstain from and actively discourage all forms of harassment as well as verbal, non-verbal, written or physical abuse.
– Use your professional experience in a constructive manner.
– Be open to new ideas and approaches. Be thoughtful with all participants’ work and provide only constructive critiques.
Mutual respect is paramount, and your right to be treated equally, with dignity and respect, also is protected. The CTAO will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of participants attending our events and meetings, and the organizer, person responsible and/or chairperson of the event/meeting reserves the right to ask any participant who does not follow these guidelines to leave the event/meeting (without refunding the fee, if any).
To privately report a violation of the CTAO Code of Conduct for Events and Meetings during or after the “Synergies in the Exploration of the Extreme Universe” webinar series, please contact the chairwoman and one of the organizers, Roberta Zanin (CTAO Project Scientist).
The “CTAO Code of Conduct for Events and Meetings” is based on the “CTAO Code of Conduct” (May 2018).